Pengarah: Antoine Fuqua
Pelakon: Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio, Lee Byung-Hun, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Martin Sensmeier, Peter Sarsgaard, Haley Bennett
Tarikh tayang: 22 September 2016
Pengedar: Sony Pictures
- A good modern western genre movie. A proper remake; fine-tuned to fit modern audience, at least as a very good popcorn movie. Never watched the original for comparison but for me this movie is a proper statement of “Cowboys are still cool, it never goes out of style”
- An exciting ride. Simple storyline. Pacing steady. 2 hours but never boring. Quite light tone, but heavy certain points. Lots of action [30-40minutes of final action arc, puas hati]. Even though it’s PG13 the actions are borderline R rated. Real deal when it needs to, no 'play-play' one [even though some of the seven are quite playful, haha]
- Beautiful scene shots. Only a little rushed on editing, most noticeably when there’s a scene involving multiple characters dialogue scene. But it doesn’t bother me much.
- Stellar casts. Even the not so famous ones. All portrayal are natural and effortless, delivers the emotion well when the scene demands it. Denzel Washington once again strengthen his throne as the icon of revenge/payback. All characters are really cool with their own “crazy” personality.
- Not much of character development but for a few characters. For me not really important. Chemistry? Crazy strangers that clicked the moment they met each other; and they are truly magnificent in kicking asses. Easy thing.
- 'Aweks comei' [Haley Bennett] but not only to sell cute face. Her character anchors and justified, no over selling like Megan Fox movies.